Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. Fritz Plasser
The Center for Applied Political Research (ZAP)
is an independent, non-university research institute, that was founded
in 1993. Our objective is to promote a dialog between sciences und
politics by observing and analyzing the current trends and dynamics
in the political system, political culture, as well as the political
communication in Austria. The results of our research are made available
to the public.
We develop empirically oriented basic studies,
assign und coordinate research projects, and manage political und
institutional consulting. In this respect we cooperate with a number
of experts at university and non-university research institutions,
as well as opinion polling institutes.
ZAP concentrates on the following research areas:
- political communication
- political and societal trend research
- analysis of transformations in the Austrian political system, the conditions affecting competition among the political parties, the voting behavior (political culture, party, and election research)
The results of our research are presented by:
- the editing of a publications series (publisher: Facultas, Vienna),
- the publication of research reports concerning current and sensitive political issues and problems of society
- and the organization of work shops and discussions, to which international und Austrian experts are invited.